Renewing Our Mission
“Renewing Our Mission” takes many forms, but here we mention a major construction project the parish has been involved with for the past few years.
This has been the replacement of our old Parish Hall, built in 1948 and demolished in 2006, with a new structure, intended to enable our mission to Kelowna today. The new building is adjacent to and attached to the Cathedral, on the north side. It provides choir practice space, Sunday School instruction areas, an assembly space, light kitchen facilities, and washrooms. (Oddly, when the church was built in 1911, no washrooms were provided!) There is an outdoor terrace area and columbarium. The project was completed in 2011. The parking lot was completed in May 2015 and the Cathedral is embarking on an interior renovation to the Cathedral. Great attention is being paid to making sure the building respects the heritage nature of the Cathedral, while making a contemporary statement.
Funding for the new building has been through gifts and pledges from the members of the congregation, and with support from the Diocese and from the Anglican Foundation of the Anglican Church of Canada.